Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I WON!!!! HNT

Last Friday I took Lori to a charity auction at the aquarium she works at. Last year we went and had a ball, this year not so much.

Last year they had three hot belly dancers that got me out on the floor dancing with them, a magician, great food, an open bar and a great DJ. This year even the bar sucked. Someone needs to tell the caterer to cut down on the amount of water they water the booze down with. The food was just okay, but the DJ was fine.

I also vote that they get the three belly dancers they had last year next year. No one wants to see a 40-year-old woman and her 65 year old mother belly dancing. No shit, the mom had to be at least 65. EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I went away happy. I won a couple of auctions and Lori and I spent the night in a hotel room that night.

Don't ask, because what happens in Riverhead stays in Riverhead.

I won a silent auction, the "Stop & Shop" $25 gift card for $3 worth of tickets. I was also high bidder for two NY Islander hockey tickets with free parking in the reserved section of the parking lot. The minimum opening bid was $60, so I bid that. Lucky for me I was the only bidder and won. I won two $140 lower level seat with a $10 parking pass. A $250 prize for $60, not bad. Don't tell my son Brian, but since he's a big Islander fan, I'm giving them to him for Christmas. His girl friend and he will love them. They usually sit in the $21 section, three rows from the top. Now they will actually be able to see the puck.

The tickets also came with a commemorative set of hockey cards that are keeping my privates warm in the hotel room in this picture. I haven't decided if he gets them yet. I may want to add the cards to my collection. Come to think it. He wouldn't want the cards if knew where they've been. LOL


HAPPY I WON HNT!




5 comments:

gab said...

Well Geeze I wouldnt mind the cards no matter what theys been warming! Congrats on winning.

Misses M said...

Maybe I'm delirious from lack of sleep, but that hockey card remark almost made me choke on my mini wheats... congrats on your win!

Lil Bit said...

Well, ding DANG, ain't *you* just the lucky one!

And y'know what? I want to bellydance when I'm 65! Who says I can't? LOL ;)

Great HNT & story - thanks for sharing your winnings with us, you're so generous. =)

Osbasso said...

Your hair is more messed up in this picture than the one below. What's up with that?

Congrats on the win--and keep the cards...

Libby said...

congratulations!! best of all, brian & his girlfriend will think you spent a ton of money on their present! lol!