Friday, February 05, 2010

I hope my son doesn't break his collar bone this year.

My son Brian plays roller hockey. Yesterday he had his second game and lost 11-4 just like the first game. I’m not really that surprised since his team is comprised of a bunch of “whomever they can get to play on the team” type team that just don’t have time to practice as a team. It all just for fun, nothing serious, just fun.

Did I leave out that both teams they played so far are teams comprised of really good players? Players that are professional frigging roller hockey players. YES, professional roller hockey players. World champion caliber hockey players none the less! Players that were on the teams that won the worlds in Europe and Japan.

A little background is in order. I live on Long Island in New York. Long Island it seems, was where roller hockey started. It spread through out the world with teams in Europe, Japan, etc. That’s how good the local teams are here.

You know what, loosing to world champions 11-4 is something to be very proud of.

1 comment:

Tamara said...

I never really understood hockey...I guess cuz where I live there's no hockey rinks and well....all you ever hear about is football and car racing.
Hockey looks so dangerous...no wonder his collar bone got broke...but then again,football is pretty rough too.
Thank goodness I had 2 girl/cheerleaders,and I STILL worried about them falling or getting hurt.
I love skating,so if there were a womans team doing what your son does,I wouldn't mind throwing my hat in the ring.lol