Monday, September 12, 2005

I have to get a new caregiver

Sylvia, Barbara's caregiver, came very late this morning, AGAIN, and didn't call to tell either her agency or me she would be late. One day last week she didn't even show up or call. The agency finally got in touch with her at 2:30. Her excuse, "I couldn't get a baby sitter." Today's reason was she had to drop off some papers at her daughters school.

This is what I wanted to say to her this morning when she finally showed.

Boo fucking hoo! That's your problem, not mine. You have a job to do, and that's to take care of Barbara while I go to work. If your going to be late, or miss a day, fucking call! You just can not show up! If you give the agency a reasonable notice, they can get a sub. Don't leave me sitting by wondering where the fuck you are! Understand!

Obviously, I spoke to her and so did the agency. Not like that, but the same point was made very clear. So today when she didn't show I called that agency and ask them to get a replacement.

This really sucks too. Sylvia was a great caregiver. She did an excellent job taking care of Barbara and the house. She did much more than she is paid to do. For her lousy $10.25 /hour, besides taking care of Barbara, she did everyone's laundry and folded it, all I had to do was put it away. She cleaned the entire house, loaded and unloaded the dishwasher and took out the garbage each day. I could not ask for more. EXCEPT FOR HER TO SHOW THE FUCK UP!

But you know, she was going to leave on her own soon anyway, so this just makes it sooner. Her husband is making her move to North Carolina. He can't afford the expense of living here on Long Island. She was just waiting for the closing to go through on her house, and then she was moving.

And you want to know why her husband wants to leave? Fucking taxes! The property taxes on my little 1,200 sq ft ranch, on less than a 1/4 acre, are just under $10,000. Hey, I know that's not very much compared to y'all, but that's just the way it is. Some areas have high taxes, and some don't. I guess I'm just one of the lucky ones. ;)

Oh well, I've been through my share of caregivers in the last two years and the next one probably won't be my last.

And you know, maybe I'll get lucky and this one will be a hot, sassy little Latin cutie like Joannie was (she was caregiver number 2). She was very pretty and had a damn fine ass. She was lacking in the boob department, but the ass made up for it. I'll let you know how this one is.

Yeah, yeah, I know I'm a slut. What can I say? I enjoy looking at women. I don't get to touch any of them, but I'll take what I can get. ;)

3 comments:

Robin said...

I have no idea why the 'libber in me didn't get totally offended by this post. Oh yeah - I'm not a very good feminist ;)

That sucks that your caregiver has issues with, oh how shall we put this, WORKING!

Hope the next one works out better...or at least shows up to work better.

BTExpress said...

I glad you didn't get offended, and I hope no one else does too. I just say what's comes to mind. I could always be politically correct here, but then I wouldn't be me.

Let me tell you one story about Joannie. It was her birthday and she told us her husband hadn't given her any for a couple of weeks, so all she wanted for her birthday, I'm quoting here, was to "get laid". She even asked my to call him and tell him for her. I didn't. The next day when she came, I asked her how her birthday was and she proceeded to tell us all about the sex they had in the front seat of the pickup down at the beach. She went into some detail too.

Like I said, I want a hot, sassy Latin cutie like her again. I mean, who wouldn't?

BTExpress said...

30something: If she sucked, I may have overlooked her tardiness. ;)

mimi: Now your getting at something! Missed anything? See above. ;)



Just kidding, just kidding, I swear! I can't help thinking dirty thoughts. Actually, I think I'm cursed. My mind is on auto pilot to the gutter everytime I turn around.